- UConn Administrator Preparation Program (Sixth-Year & CT-092 Preparation)
- How to Apply
University of Connecticut
Administrator Preparation Program (UCAPP)
Applying to UCAPP
- Applications and all supporting material must be received by March 1 of the application year.
- From the pool of applicants, the admissions committee will select the most qualified candidates for interviews. Interviews will be scheduled in late March/early April.
- Applicants will be informed as to whether they have been selected for UCAPP shortly after their interview.
A master’s degree is required for admission to UCAPP as well as a minimum of three years teaching experience. Applicants are screened by a committee of UConn faculty, CAS directors, and clinical supervisors. Approximately 15 participants are selected for each UCAPP cohort. Program acceptance is based on the following criteria:
- Leadership Potential
- Interpersonal Skills
- Academic Record
- Time Commitment to Program
- Professional Commitment
- Oral & Written Communication
- Educational Values
All application materials (paper and online) are due by March 1 of the application year.
- Complete the online application to the Graduate School
when choosing field of study/degree on the application, please select
“Educational Administration (6th-Year Diploma)”
- Assemble your application materials for the Graduate School:
- Digital copies of Official transcripts of all collegiate work (including UConn)1
- Residence Affidavit
- Personal Statement – Write a one-page essay describing your view of school administrative leadership, why you hope to be admitted to UCAPP, and why you would be an asset to the program. Also include which cohort location you are applying to: East Hartford, Farmington, Southeastern Connecticut, or Stamford.
- Contact information for four Candidate Evaluation Forms2
- Four Candidate Evaluation Forms – Please note that these forms are to be used in place of letters of recommendation referred to in the Graduate School application instructions. These forms are required specifically for admission into UCAPP. An evaluation form must be completed by each of the following individuals: central office administrator, school principal, and two professional colleagues in your school who are familiar with your work.
- Mail Official transcripts of all collegiate work completed to date to the Graduate School:
University of Connecticut
438 Whitney Road Ext., Unit 1152
Storrs, CT 06269-1152
1 During the application process, an applicant asked to provide unofficial transcripts for any coursework or institutions previously attended. If the applicant has his/her own copy of the transcript, it can be scanned and uploaded into the appliacnt system while an official copy if mailed.
2 During the application process, an applicant asked to provide contact information for recommenders. This information should be for those completing the Candidate Evaluation Forms on your behalf. Please mail these forms to:
Neag School of Education
Dept of Educational Leadership
ATTN: UCAPP Admissions
249 Glenbrook Road, Unit 2093
Storrs, CT 06269-2093
The Admissions Committee will review only completed applications and support materials received by the deadline.